“The Cognition of Belief,” a conference sponsored by the John Templeton Foundation, will be hosted by Georgetown University on June 2nd, 2017 at the Healey Family Student Center. We are pleased to invite scholars who have interests related (broadly) to characteristics of, or factor that influence, belief in the human mind to attend the event.
Registration: Registration will be free this year. However to have an accurate head count, we ask that you quickly register for the meeting by following this link.
Conference Program (tentative)
9:00 – 9:15: Opening Remarks
9:20 – 10:50: Symposium 1: Cognitive insights into mechanisms of belief
· Dr. Jordan Grafman – Northwestern University
· Dr. Will Gervais – University of Kentucky
· Dr. Miguel Farias – Coventry University
· Dr. Adam Green – Georgetown University
10: 50 – 11: 15: Coffee Break
11:20 – 12:50: Symposium 2: Implications for religious freedom and understanding cross cultures
· Dr. Jonathan Jong – University of Oxford
· Dr. Kelly Clarke – Grand Valley State University
· Dr. Zach Warren – The Asia Foundation
· Dr. Fathali Moghaddam – Georgetown University
12: 55 – 3:25: Poster session with catered lunch
3:30 – 3:55: Address on priority questions for advancing inquiry into the cognition of belief:
Dr. Nicholas Gibson – The John Templeton Foundation
4:00 – 4:55: Keynote Address:
Dr. Justin Barrett – Fuller Theological Seminary
5:00 – 5:10: Closing Remarks
Please contact Ms. Nhi Dinh at email@example.com with any questions.
This event is co-sponsored by the Berkley Center for Religion, Peace, and World Affairs.